Tuesday, July 7, 2009

IT'S A...

This drawing is now closed!
VOLLEYBALL!


Having never played volleyball before, Henry went to a volleyball camp at his junior high. Some of the BYU players were there helping out. Henry was so awkard! He would jump, land in the net, and bring the net down! The coach wasn't going to pick Henry, he already had his team picked, but one of the BYU players told the coach to give him a chance. He thought Henry had potential. Henry started that year, and has played ever since. He played on a Junior Olympic team, has gone to nationals several times and now plays for the University of Utah. He brought a new activitity into our lives! All the boys play now and we love to watch.

Moral of the story - Everyone has potential, they just need to be given a chance.

Now how to win - make a comment here, post about it on your blog or Facebook, and make a comment on the Birthday Bash post, that way I know people are looking at all the great items!

4 comments:

Jeana said...

Hey! Volleyball is my all time favorite sport. Thats awesome that your brothers play, my husband and I play together and I coach at one of the high schools here in Salt Lake. GO VOLLEYBALL. What a great prize.

Tabitha@ichoosebliss said...

Hi Lily!!

I visited my aunt this weekend and I saw the beautiful card and picture you sent her! Thank you so much for being such a sweet Angel!!

Lauriann said...

Hi Suzie & Lily
I love your Awesome idea for Lily's Birthday.
Thanks for being wonderful friends !
http://rileysgift.blogspot.com/

ParkerMama said...

Parker adores balls! Any and all kinds!