Monday, July 27, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY!



My Dearest Lily Girl!
I remember the day you were born, ten years ago! I got a call from Mark, our adoption worker, and he said you were coming! You were a couple of weeks early, so we were surprised! I asked if I could go and wait in the hospital lobby because I was so excited, but I couldn't. It was for the best, your birth mom, Mommy Alison and her family, needed some time with you. I told him to call back as soon as you arrived I didn't care how late it was!
You arrived at 9:45 pm. You weighed 7 lbs and 8 oz. and you were 20 inches long. You took your first helicopter ride the next day.
Mommy Alison and her family wanted Dad to give you a blessing because you needed surgery right away. We had already been told your intestines were mal-rotated, that means they were all tangled up! I tried all day long to get permission to go up and see you. The word hadn't gotten from where you were born to Primary Childrens. When it did the social worker didn't give the head nurse the okay and went home! Finally a nurse called somebody at their home and we got a call to get up to the hospital as soon as we could because you were going in for surgery at 10:00 p.m. It was after 9:00 pm when we got the call!
Grandma Shirley was here from Arkansas helping your Aunt Wendy because your cousin Easton was born just a month before you. She was waiting at the house with us for the phone call. Dad had called Tom so he could help give you a blessing. We were all just waiting. Grandma and I drove up and Dad drove up with Tom. Once we got to the NICU we had to scrub in. I thought the whole process was taking forever. When we finally walked into your room and saw you we were all overwhelmed by your beauty. You had all this dark hair that stuck straight up on your head, all your brothers and Brittany were bald when they were born!
Dad and Tom had just enough time to give you a blessing before they came in and got you for surgery. On the way down to the operating room the doctor was explaining things to us and kept talking about your esophagus. I finally asked what she was talking about and that was the first time we found out you were missing your esophagus.

After they took you into surgery Tom, Grandma, Dad and I were all standing around talking about you and I was saying how hard it was to hear the blessing over all the noise in the room. It didn't matter that I didn't hear it because Tom said he was overwhelmed by the feeling of the spirit that came from such a tiny little baby. I knew then you were special.
I called GrandMary and left her a message that we had found out about your esophagus. I think she might still have that message saved on her phone!
After we got home Dad and me sat on the floor at the foot of our bed and one of us said "what have we gotten ourselves into" We were tired and overwhelmed by all that had happened in such a short time.
We had no idea how much joy, love, laughter, and hapiness you would bring to so many! I love you so much Lily! I love having you as my sidekick and my daughter. I hope you have a great 10th birthday. LET'S GO SWIM!!

For those of you not joining us at the pool, we hope you take a look at Lily's Birthday Bash one more time. You have until 5:00 p.m. to bid on the items. Please remember that the proceeds of the raffle go to our friends Jaxson and Parker.
This has been a fun way to celebrate Lily! Thank you to everyone that has helped, donated, and supported this cause.

This will be the last post that will be posted on this blog. We are moving to a new website on August 1st. We hope you will join us there! We will list the winners tomorrow and contact them by email.

17 comments:

Cammie Heflin said...

Happy Birthday Lilly!

My name is Sarah said...

Happy, Happy, Happy 10th Birthday Lily!!! I hope you have a great day.

stephanie said...

Happy 10th Birthday Lilly!! Give your Mom a huge hug for writing such a beautiful post on your B-day. Wishing you a great memory making day, have a blast!!!

BTW, I love the shoes you were wearing in the video your Mom posted with you and your Dad.

Balisha said...

Lily's birthday is today..
Let's all join in and say hooray.
Movies are her favorite thing..
Sometimes she even likes to sing.
Drawing pictures I've been told..
Is lots of fun for this 10 year old.
Cotton and candy and a movie to see..
Suits this little lady to a tee.
So, I hope she has a wonderful day..
Filled with love and lots of play.

Happy Birthday Lily..
Balisha ((hugs))

Emily said...

Happy 10th Birthday Lily! I hope you have so much fun swimming and eating at McDonalds!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Lily!! Isn't 10 great? You are double digits now!

Lacey said...

Happy birthday Lily. Were are you moving to.

Tabitha@ichoosebliss said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Lily!!!

Beverly said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Lily!!!!

Ruby's Mom said...

Happy Birthday!

Tammy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Lily!

The world is such a much better place because YOU are in it!

Much love,

Parker and his Mama

Kristin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY!!!! Hope this is your best birthday yet!!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY LILY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sophia said...

Happy Birthday Lily! We're finally the same age. Hope your day is super!

Jeana said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have the best day! You deserve it.

Anderson Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday Lily. Hope today was an extra special day for a wonderful girl!

Sasha said...

Happy Birthday Lilly.