Friday, June 19, 2009

Note From Lily's Mom - I Am Feeling Overwhelmed!

Hi all,
Lily and I usually blog about Lily, since this is her blog, her life, her journey, and she is just about as perfect as I can picture a person to be. Lily was sent to me in such a special way. My heart still pounds and my skin tingles when I think about her adoption journey. And when I look at her sometimes I am overwhelmed that she is my girl and I have been given such a gift. What if I mess up?
But, this blog is not about Lily. I guess in a way it is because of Lily...
Okay, I am rambling.
I got a message from a genetic counselor, in another state. She has a mom who is pregnant with a child that has Ds. This mom is "very torn about adopting her child or what action to take..." (I am praying that "action" doesn't mean anything negative)
The counselor has heard Lily's story and wants to get the mom in touch with me.
I am asking for prayers that I might touch this mom and let her know how important she is, how important her baby is, how important her decision will be in making another family complete.
I have never asked for prayers for myself before, but I am asking now.

9 comments:

Shari said...

Oh yes, you definitely have my prayers and I will add it to my prayer journal until I hear further. Lily is a beautiful girl and I look forward to reading more about her! :-)

Tabitha@ichoosebliss said...

You have my prayers.

Lacey said...

Prayers are coming that you can let this mom know how wonderful they really are and how they are not too different from "normal" kids.

Kristin said...

We will be praying! If she is willing to give you an email, I could possibly get her in touch with Max's birthmom, too.

stephanie said...

Souinds like God is using you in a beautiful way. My prayers are with you that you will be able to touch her and let her understand hoe blessed she really is.

Emily said...

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I am so glad I made the Luau. Since we found out Justin had Down syndrome at 6 months, I have always felt very alone because I never had any information or support. I met Mandy and she is wonderful. I also look forward to meeting you in the future. Lily is beautiful and such an inspiration!

Adrienne Urvina said...

My prayers are with you as well. I too feel this "obligation"(horrible word) to shout to the world how amazing this little person is and will become. I just spoke with my OB/GYN about being a contact for any of his future patients with this unique opportunity. I know that if I had any other children I would love one more like my sweet little Annika. I know if anyone could speak with this woman you will do a great job. And I have never met you.

ParkerMama said...

Of course we'll keep you in our prayers. I have no doubt that if anyone can touch her heart, you and Lily can.

Debbie Yost said...

Speak from you heart and that's the best you can do. Of course I'll pray for you, but I'll also pray for the mom that her heart is open and can hear you.