Tuesday, June 30, 2009

LILYISMS - SEE I TOLD YOU!

Lily knows she has Down syndrome and if there is someone in the same place as us with Down syndrome she is sure to point them out. It's getting a little out of control, because right now she thinks that every Asian person has Down syndrome. And...

...the other night we were eating out, she was getting her drink, and she came running across the room yelling "look mom he has Down syndrome." Well I look up, and no, this elderly man does not have Ds just a lot of droopy wrinkles and a big smile. His wife was not smiling.

So Jeff and I were trying to convince her that this man did not have Down syndrome and she responded with "Oh, well I was just checking."

You would think this would be the end of it, but no, as the man and his wife walked by carrying their tray Lily shouted out "SEE I TOLD YOU HE WASN'T DOWN SYNDROME!"

Yup - that's my girl.

I'm also sharing a picture that she drew of me today. I hope she's just been watching to much Sponge Bob Square Pants and that's not how she thinks I really look!



We are so excited for tomorrow. I just hope there aren't a lot of problems with it. If so be patient and please email me so I can fix it.

11 comments:

heather said...

That story honestly made me laugh out loud!

ParkerMama said...

Oh, I can't wait until Parker can share these kind of thoughts with me!

Emily said...

What a great story and a fabulous drawing!

Lacey said...

I can totally picture her just yelling out in the restaurant. I love the pic.

Tausha said...

That is hilarious!!!!! She cracks me up.

Cammie Heflin said...

My son Avery is very aware of those with DS too, it's pretty cute and he does keep it quiet most of the time!

Anderson Family said...

Funny - I can't wait to see what kind of awkward situations Carter will get us into. I love your square pants!

Kristin said...

Our 3 year old (who doesn't realize that her little brother has Ds yet) is just pointing out other's with oxygen tubes - "look, they have a thingy in their nose too - like our Max!"

cecilia said...

LOL! You made me laugh.
4 years ago we were in a family trip in Las vegas. and Like you know tarek dad is from egypt ( very dark skin) me From Chile (little bit lighter skin blue eyes) well and tarek ..look like Tarek....so people asume that we adopt him, so everywhere that we went,asian people wave to him , smile to Us, and talk to him, until seating inside the cesar palace a couple from china aproach to me, and smile at tarek and told me : Thanks for your kind heart, to adopt one of Us. I didn't know what to said so I said:Thanks.
So lily is not the only one!!!! Lol.

Shawndi84 said...

I LOVE Lily stories!!! They are GREAT!! The picture is SO funny too!! What a character!
Yes, KJ is in the Navy.. right now he is in boot camp so its rare that we even get to talk to him. In about 2 1/2 months we will be moving somewhere out of state- not sure where yet!

Ria said...

That's so funny! I'm excited to see if Matthew would be pointing out people with DS too when he's older. And I'm Asian, so will he think everyone on my side of the family has DS? haha! If so, then I hope that will help him feel like he fits right in all the more!