Saturday, March 21, 2009

Celebrating World Down Syndrome Day!





Don't tell me I can't
when I've already proven to so many that I can and have
Don't tell me I shouldn't be here
when so many people would not have learned the things I have taught them
Don't tell me I have no value
when I have given so much joy, laughter, and love to so many
Don't tell me I'm different
when everyone in the world is their own unique person
Don't tell me how to live my life
when there are so many possibilities for me to try
I CAN do things!
I was put HERE on this earth because of my VALUE and DIFFERENCE.
Possibly to even teach you how to live a better life.
Suzie Smith
Lily's mom
3.21.09

3 comments:

Lund7 said...

Lily is beautiful!! I love the handle attached to her bike so she can ride. Where did you find that? We need to get one for Ricky so he can keep up with his friends and sister!

valmg said...

Found you from 5Min.
I have 2 sons, my younger one has Down Syndrome.
Thanks for sharing.
My little one rides his Thomas trike like crazy. I've been contemplating when he'll be ready to try it without them.

Kiki said...

WOW! what a great poem!!