Monday, November 10, 2008

JOSH




I like Josh. It was his birthday yesterday. He is my friend. I love him. He is Kenny's friend. Josh is nice to me. He helps me read and do homework. He came to my Halloween parade. He works at a restaurant. He lives with us. He eats dinner with us. He shares a room with Kenny. Josh is a good guy. That's it.

Note from Lily's mom - Josh has been friends with my son Kenny for about 6 months. Recently Josh had a prompting from his angels that he acted on and because of it he saved my son's life. I will forever be grateful to Josh. I have learned much from Josh. I see how others look at him and judge much too quickly. His appreance might scare off others, but not me. His "tatts" and piercing stand for something that is important to him, so it is important to me to respect those things, just as he respects me. Josh is real, he tells you what he thinks, he's a bit quick to act, but is working on it. Josh would give you the shirt off his back and is thankful for things that a lot of us take for granted. Josh is going on 7 months being clean and sober. His life has not been easy. He lost his dad at a young age and his mom struggles with her own issues. He doesn't make excuses, if he messes up he admits it. Josh is learning a new way of life and I am grateful that I can be part of that new life. Thank you Josh.

1 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I know you thank God for Josh and his ability to listen to his angels!