Thursday, October 2, 2008

GET IT DOWN - DAY 2

Lily - day 2 of her great life!
Have you ever been stopped in your tracks and known that something or someone was missing? That's how it was with Lily. Jeff and I already had 4 children, Brittany (from Jeff's 1st marriage), Henry, Kenny, and Tim, but for me one was still missing. Jeff is ten years older, he thought I was crazy. I started having spiritual dreams of my child trying to get to me. It was a strange time because nothing like this had ever happened to me before. A few years after I had Tim I had to have a hysterectomy, so I was at a loss on how I was going to find this other child of mine.

Adoption, now there was an option. A long shot from Jeff's view. Okay, simple you just walk into some adoption agency right. No, not for me, I needed to do it the right way for me which was going through LDS Family Services. Big problem, Jeff and I had not gone through the LDS Temple and received our endowments; if you want to adopt through LDS Family Services you have to be endowed. Jeff and I were not on the same spiritual page at the time, so to get married for time and all eternity was, well not something that excited both of us at the same time.

So, here I was missing a child, having dreams that I know were Heaven sent and I was stuck. I didn't stay stuck for long though... I went through the Temple without my husband. I received my endowments without the man I loved. When I walked out of the Temple that day Jeff was there waiting. He promised me he would be there in a year. Having that promise from him we went forward. We were sealed with our sons on our wedding anniversary January 5, 1999.

Then the whirlwind started! We had an adoption seminar, just a few days later. We were told that since we had "normal" children we would have to adopt a child with special needs. No problem for me. Jeff was still leery of the whole situation but he kept moving forward with me.

Now here is where I stop! The rest of Lily's adoption story is going to be included in a book called "Windows into Heaven" by Stacy Tetschner. I will tell you this much I knew I was going to be sent a little girl with Down syndrome...

And the whirlwind, Lily was born July 27, 1999. No adoption that I know of through an agency has ever gone as fast as this one did.

Lily was meant to be.

5 comments:

CrackerJacks said...

Sounds like a wonderful experience.

heather said...

What a great story and so neat that you and Lily found each other! I guess I'll have to wait for the book to hear the rest of it! :)

Cleo said...

This is an amazing and beautiful story!!!. :)

Shawndi84 said...

Wow! That is such a great story!! I can't wait for the book- when will it be out? I love that your husband was outside waiting for you...so sweet!!

Tracey said...

No fair!!! I want to hear more! I guess I will have to wait!