Wednesday, May 14, 2008

TIM'S SCHOOL


Ms. Catten's Health Class

Mom and me went to Tim's (Health) class today. We talked about Down syndrome. I showed them my scars! Mom had them stand on one foot and hold their tongues while they said the ABC's, so they could understand kind of what it was like to have low muscle tone and a small mouth cavity. We talked about my birth mom being only 17 when she got pregnant. We talked about the R word too, mom told them all about People First language. That's it

4 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

Way to go, Lily! I should do that at my sons middle and high schools next year. I am appalled at the 'R' word I hear all over here.

Amy, A Redeemed Sheep said...

I detest the 'R' word, too. It makes me mad when I hear people saying it.

I think it's a great idea to visit schools and talking about it! Good for you!

PS: I live in Iowa. :o)

Pink Laptop Girl said...

hey hey :) it me again just wondering wat ur scars where from

katy (again)
aka
Pink Laptop Girl

K&K said...

how great to do this! I hope to be able to do things like this with Bree one day!